Sunday, July 20, 2008

How much?

Friday's bread and cookie selling went quite well, thank you for asking ;-)
(Of course the wine too!)

Though I have a dilemma. How much bread to bake? The first time, about a month and some ago, I did a nice amount that I thought would sell. Two different kinds of rye breads and a bunch of cookies. I was left with a little more than half the amount of the breads and about a third of the cookies. Luckily there was a holiday coming up so I could hand out the leftovers to near and dear as presents.

This time I thought that I'd bake a little less, so I made about half the amounts. The same two kinds of rye bread and the bunch of cookies. I sold out the bread in no time and had to turn guests down, with promisses that I'll bake bread every other week regardless of wine events. The cookies hardly sold at all. (Go figure! Do people eat less sweets in the summer?)

So now I'm going to bake breads about every other week and hopefully I'll do the right amount.

No comments: